GREEN MAIL IS COMING
For DHL's GoGreen program, atmosfair takes clean stoves to Lesotho. The stoves save money for valuable wood, stop deforestation and prevent continual smoke inhalation.To the project
GREEN ENERGY FROM CROP RESIDUES
150 km north of Delhi: farmers take mustard crop residues to the atmosfair power plant. The green energy generates cash for them.To the project
Whether it is a flight, an event, business travel or just a certain amount of CO2: calculate and offset your CO2 online in just a few steps. It's safe, and you will receive a certificate.Offset here
Your project proposal
atmosfair is always looking for new ideas for projects that reduce greenhouse gases.Projects should have the potential to meet the CDM Gold Standard. In other words, there must be a clearly quantifiable reduction of emissions, the project must be based on renewable energy or energy efficiency, it should make a special contribution to sustainable development, and CDM funding must be critical for implementation.
Criteria for selecting new atmosfair projects:
- The project must take place in a country that is not one of the countries listed in Annex I of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- The project uses one or more mature, proven, and durable technologies based on renewable energies or energy efficiency.
- There is potential to fulfill the CDM Gold Standard criteria. For this, CO2 savings must be measurable and able to be certified according to the UN or Gold Standard regulations, among other things. Please also demonstrate the project's additionality.
- The technology used should be able to be used by a large number of households in order to generate sufficiently high CO2 savings. (Generally speaking, it should be able to reduce CO2 emissions by at least 5,000 tons per year.)
- The dissemination of the technology is built on a viable and sustainable business model, e.g., in collaboration with microcredit institutions that can operate independently after receiving external start-up financing.
- The project contributes to sustainable development (ecological, economic, and social).
- You are building on existing experiences regarding renewable energy technologies in countries in the Global South as well as on a network of local partners that could dependably take on monitoring the distribution and use of the technology.
atmosfair can only rarely support pilot projects (i.e., projects without CDM Gold Standard certification). In these cases, atmosfair does not credit itself with the CO2 reductions. atmosfair is normally not able to support individual facilities that reduce emissions by less than 1,000 t CO2 per year.
- Examination of project ideas and advice on the CDM Gold Standard
- Preparation of CDM project design documents, including the baseline study, monitoring methodology, and demonstration of additionality
- Coordination of the validation and registration processes
For Project Funding, We Offer:
- The guaranteed purchase of emission reduction certificates (CERs) at fair prices
- The possibility of partial pre-financing
Does your project fulfill all of the criteria? Get in touch with us!
If your project fulfills the criteria listed above and you are interested in collaborating with atmosfair, please send us a project description (max. two pages) with the following content:
- Technology used
- Project location
- Baseline scenario: Type of energy supply to be replaced, information on end users
- Projected CO2 savings
- Projected project costs
- State of project implementation and financing
- Business model
- Additional benefits (e.g., related to health, quality of life, environment, social impact)
- Local partners
We look forward to your suggestions!
Your contact at atmosfair
Julia Hoffmann | Manager CDM Projects
M.Sc. Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science
☎ +49 (0) 30 120 84 80 - 62 ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org