1. Name, headquarters, address, year of founding and year established
2. Statutes and declaration of the goals of our organisation
atmosfair's statutes can be found in the Articles of Association. atmosfair's goal is climate protection with a focus on travel through raising awareness (especially the ecological assessment of trips of all kinds), CO2 reduction, and offsetting unavoidable CO2 emissions through the financing, development, and operation of renewable energy projects in developing countries.
3. Information on tax concessions
According to the last exemption assessment of the Tax Office for Corporations I Berlin of 31.01.2012 according to § 5 Abs. 1 Nr. 9 KStG, the atmosfair gGmbH (tax number: 27/601/53604) is exempt from corporate taxes as well as from license taxes according to § 3 Nr. 6 of GewStG.
4. Names and roles of key decision-makers
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Töpfer
- Prof. Dr. Mojib Latif
Prof. Dr. Hartmut Graßl
Shareholders of the GmbH:
Stiftung Zukunftsfähigkeit, Bonn, represented by its executive chairman, Mr. Klaus Milke
- Norbert Gorissen (German Federal Ministry for the Environment)
- Franzjosef Schafhausen (German Federal Ministry for the Environment)
- Klaus Milke (Stiftung Zukunftsfähigkeit)
Christoph Bals (Germanwatch)
- Dr. Dietrich Brockhagen
- Steffen Pohlmann
- Xaver Kitzinger
- Jakob Völker (in parental leave)
- Ruth von Heusinger
- Jan-Moritz Jericke
The employees help make atmosfair gGmbH's business decisions in colloquia and strategy meetings.
The names and contact information of the employees can be found on the atmosfair team page.
5. Activity report
You can find information about the currently implemented projects supported by atmosfair on our website under "Projects." You can find information about our activities and project promotion in our current Annual Report.
6. Personnel structure
atmosfair currently employs nine full-time employees, three full-time-equivalent contract workers, and one part-time employee. In addition, we regularly have two to three interns. Pro bono employees include the patrons and advisory boards. There are no volunteer workers at atmosfair.
7. Source of fundsatmosfair's funds come mainly from voluntary climate protection contributions (donations) for offsetting climate damage from air travel. These are supplemented through revenues from commercial business operations (consulting services as well as CO2 accounting). Detailed information about atmosfair's revenues and expenses can be found in the comprehensive financial section of our current Annual Report.
8. Allocation of funds
atmosfair uses over 90 % of donations to develop and operate climate protection projects with renewable energies in developing countries. atmosfair achieves this proportion because the profits from commercial business operations that should remain within the company according to the articles of association are used to cover a portion of the personnel and administrative costs. Further information on this can be found in our Annual Report.
9. Corporate affiliations with third parties
Besides the affiliation with the sole shareholder, the German civil law foundation Stiftung Zukunftsfähigkeit located in Bonn, there are no corporate affiliations with third parties.
10. Names of legal or private persons whose yearly payments constitute more than 10 % of the total budget.
None of the payments to our organisation made in 2013 by legal or private persons constitutes more than 10 % of our total budget.